Contact Zeta 805-277-9092
Zeta Pain Relief Pack
COLD COMPRESS THERAPY is typically recommended within the first 72 hours following most sprains, strains or minor injuries.
MICROWAVE HEATING INSTRUCTIONS
- Place Zeta Pain Relief Pack flat in freezer for at least 2 hours for the first time use (for repeat treatments place pack in freezer for 30 minutes).
- Remove cold Zeta Pack from freezer and place in a towel before applying, to protect the skin from frostbite.
Never apply cold therapy longer than 30 minutes at a time.
- Apply to the insulated cold Zeta Pack to the affected area for 2 - 25 minutes, elevating the injury if possible. Return the Zeta Pack to the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- During treatment, inspect the skin every 5 minutes where compress is applied. If any discoloration or redness occurs discontinue treatment at once.
- Repeat 2 or 3 times for single treatment. Repeat treatment several times each day until pain or swelling subsides.
HOT COMPRESS THERAPY should only be applied once swelling has subsided. The heat application of the Zeta Pack will help reduce pain, promote healing, and temporarily relieve minor joint pain, stiffness, muscle spasm, tension and cramps.
STOVE TOP HEATING INSTRUCTIONS
- Place Zeta Pack on a paper towel in the microwave by laying flat or fold in half.
- Heat at full power for 1 min., 45 seconds on EACH SIDE for a total of 3 ½ minutes.
Note: Zeta Pack must be at room temperature before heating in microwave.
Discontinue heating if Zeta Pack expands like a balloon, pack is overheated.
- Before removing Zeta Pack from the microwave, carefully check the Zeta Pack for any sign of possible rupture or leakage. If any leakage is found simply wait for the Zeta Pack to cool down before removing and discarding.
- Carefully check for desired temperature. If Zeta Pack is too hot allow to cool before applying. If Zeta Pack is not hot enough, microwave for additional 10 second intervals, until a safe and desired temperature is reached.
- Knead Zeta Pack to distribute heat evenly.
- Always wrap with a towel before applying.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Remove water from heat source. Never immerse Zeta Pack while water is being heated.
- Immerse Zeta Pack in hot water for 8 minutes.
- Carefully remove the hot Zeta Pack from water using kitchen tongs (do not use sharp utensils) and towel dry.
- Carefully check the Zeta Pack for any signs of possible rupture or leakage (discard if pack leaks).
- Carefully check for desired temperature. If Zeta Pack is too hot allow to cool before applying.
- Always wrap into a towel before applying.
IMPROPER USE MAY CAUSE INJURY. (Carefully read all instructions and warnings before use.)
- ADULT SUPERVISION IS REQUIRED. DO NOT ALLOW CHILDREN TO HEAT ZETA PACK WHILE UNSUPERVISED. Unattended use of Hot or Cold Packs by children or incapacitate persons may be dangerous.
- Hot or Cold Therapy should not be used by individuals who are sensitive to temperature extremes, such as those with circulatory problems, diabetes, nerve damage, paralysis or sensitive skin.
- Hot or Cold Therapy should not be used by people with circulatory problems, except under the direct supervision of a Health Care Professional.
- For external use only.
- Do not puncture, tear or bite Zeta Pack (discard if Zeta Pack leaks).
- Always use a sleeve or towel before applying.
- Excessive heating could cause skin burns, Zeta Pack deterioration, and possible leakage. To eliminate the possibility of skin burns, always use a sleeve or towel when handling or applying the Hot Zeta Pack.
- Never apply Cold Therapy longer than 30 minutes at a time. Direct application of this Zeta Pack to the skin could cause frostbite. To avoid any possibility of frostbite, simply wait a few minutes before applying Cold Compress to the skin.
- Do not use Hot or Cold Zeta Packs with Analgesic products (sports creams, balms, liniments or lotions).
- Do not use over sensitive skin areas.
- If skin is broken, treat wound and apply sterile bandage to the injury before using.
- Zeta Packs contain Non-Toxic materials. If contents of the Zeta Pack contact eyes, skin or clothing, flush with warm water. If any redness or irritation persists, consult physician. If contents are swallowed, give one or two glasses of water and induce vomiting and consult a physician.